Covid-19 - Pandemic: How Xsilica -PayG is Responding
In the era of human history, epidemics killed millions of people both in the past as well as in this current age of globalization. There have been horrendous outbreaks such as Small Pox and flus in the previous times as well as AIDS and Ebola in the twenty first century. The latest one being the threat of Coronavirus
Growing coronavirus crisis is having a dramatic impact on our lives and businesses. The epidemic’s disparate impact on poor or rich, village or city, is a reality that the world is confronting in a rapid way.
In this stressful time, Xsilica - PayG is doing everything possible to keep our employees safe while continuing to deliver services to the payment gateway industry. We are taking the following steps of precautions:-
- Xsilica - PayG is following the guidance of global health experts at the World Health Organization (WHO), National Center for Disease Control (NCDC) and Local Health Authority on preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- To ensure the safety of our full Team of Xsilica - PayG, we have promoted social distancing by giving the option of work from home for all our employees.
- Our employees have been given hand sanitizers and face masks for their safety.
- We encourage using platforms that allow our teams to collaborate and communicate effectively through meetings over Skype, Good Hangouts or Zoom even when they are working from home.
- We have communicated to all our employees regarding best practices of personal hygiene and keep them posted with latest heath guidelines to be followed issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Affairs:
- Wash your hands frequently with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and discard used tissues in the trash immediately.
- Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Use ample hand sanitizer around the office and home
- Avoid spitting in public
- We are reminding our employees about frequent hand washing, and we are regularly cleaning and disinfecting offices .
- Importantly, we are asking that our employees to stay home from work if they feel sick.
- We informed our employees to trust only credible and verified information about Coronavirus and not to believe any rumours or fake news.
The goal is to protect the health, safety, and well-being of our employees while allowing core company operations to continue as best we can. Our company is results-driven, whether the employee works from home or in the office does not matter as long as the work is being delivered. We believe that given the developments in technology today, we can use a suite of solutions such as virtual meetings and discussions to ensure that day-to day work can be done normally from home. By implementing flexible working arrangements for our employees, we are not just eliminating the possibility of transmission at the office but also during the commute.
Our management is continuously working to serve the payment gateway during this time, while keeping our employees safe.